Friday, December 03, 2010

Busy days and nights

These days, I'm finding more focus, and a little more time. It's becoming easier to fall into a rhythm between homework, daily chores, and all the extras I want to do. I can't promise that all my blogs will be about crafts; but hey, "It's my blog and I'll post what I want to..." (apologies to Leslie Gore). The more I can accomplish during the day, the more I feel like accomplishing and the more I can accomplish. So, here's the agenda for the next week:
  1. Apply for at least 2 jobs by Wednesday
  2. Finish two knitting projects by Saturday (12/11)
  3. Post at least 2 blog entries
  4. Finish up the 2 classes online I'm currently taking by Tuesday
  5. Get Christmas decorations up
  6. Workout at least 3 times by Saturday (12/11)

For those of you who don't know, I lost a good bit of weight last year, and this year it was stymied by the arrival of a new little one. However, I am determined to get back on track, even without a gym membership. I have plenty of stuff that I can do at home, provided I focus just on that. As a mom, it's hard. I see things that need doing, and immediately want to do them. I have found one thing to be true: the more you exercise, the more energy you have. You would think the opposite to be true, but really, what the experts say does hold water. For whatever reason, now that I'm home and not working out consistently, I need at least 8 hours of sleep a night. Before, when I was up at 4:30 most mornings to go to the gym, I was fine on about 6 hours of sleep. My activitiy level hasn't changed much, since I was working a day job, and now I'm working the homefront. If anything, I have a higher activity level. At any rate, the above looks good for goals for this coming week. I'll post some updates along the way (if I keep up with #3) and hopefully I'll also get the good camera back and can post some pictures of Finished Objects.

No comments: