Thursday, June 16, 2005

I must be the laziest person in the world.

I rarely have time to catch up on email reading, much less reading of the blog type. I know it's really just a seasonal thing for me...audit season sucks. I however, manage to occasionally look up from the trench I'm walking and see that people are finishing projects right and left. Well, the only thing I can say is that I'm starting them right and left. No, seriously. I might not have many things on the needles currently, but here's what I do have:

-Purple mohair sweater still going. I actually made a decision on it and went with the pattern in IK. I don't know if I'll have enough to do the bell sleeves AND the cowl neck, but I'm going to give it a shot. I was actually thinking of doing a V-neck on the sweater and then doing the cowl separately, so I can take it off if I want to. This way, it will also make sure I have enough for the cowl neck.

-Marvin the paranoid android. Yes, I saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and loved the knitted part. I had to stop myself from squealing (yes, squealing) in the theater. I found some patterns online, but of course I'm not happy with them, so I'm modifying them.

-I just received some lovely sock yarn in the mail yesterday from my secret pal, along with some sock patterns. I'm very excited, since I want to start some socks, and I have some trips coming up where I should have some car-ride time to work on them. It will be my first attempt at socks.

The second project up there has spurred some new thoughts for me, and so I've dug back into the deep recesses of my childhood and pulled out some favorite characters. I don't know how many will get knitted, but at least the idea is there.

In happier news, I have next week off. I'm taking a vacation. You know what that means...lots of knitting time! I'm a perpetual planner, so I've scheduled it in every afternoon. I'm also hoping to catch up from being about a month behind on everything else in life.

No comments: