Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Reset

The musical is finally over, and the girls are already begging to do the next one. I told them we are taking the summer off, to reset and figure out our schedules. Fortunately, the next show with this company doesn't start until August. As much as I have wanted to stay home, God has other plans.

I have been trying to reset the house and our schedules. This season is busier than expected and busier than we want. Sometimes life is like that. We must move on, and move to a different beat. 

Goals have been changed and have not been kept up as well as one would hope. I am prioritizing my time and June is a focus on some routines: health and home. Walking more days than not, reading, and making time for personal wellness habits are all at the top of my list. I have had to shift my schedule and my expectations.

July will be school, and August has the next musical starting. I am the vocal director now, so I will be involved with all the shows, to my girls' delight. They both have physical therapy until about the same time that the musical starts, so we will trade one obligation for another. September may hold some new ventures, and then we are into the holiday season. 

One habit that I am focusing on is a little organizing/cleaning/decluttering each day. I have started being more protective of my time, which really helps. Also staying off my phone keeps my time free. Little by little I am moving from room to room and doing small tasks. I hope to see big improvement with a few months.


No comments: