Saturday, February 03, 2024

Still Looking Forward

January was a different kind of month. We tried to catch up on doctor appointments, dentist appointments, and basic life tasks. This was made harder by everyone being sick over the holidays. The flu turned bad, giving me a sinus infection that I still cannot shake, and my husband pneumonia. Just as we are clearing this hurdle, my oldest comes down with strep on his birthday. Then my youngest just had surgery. Life happens.

So far, here is the progress I have made on my goals:

Read 52 books. I have only finished 2 so far, but I am making progress on several at a time. I have finished:

The Sherwood Ring, Elizabeth Marie Pope
Shadow of Sacrifice, Michael Webb

I am close to being done with Rob Roy, but I find it hard to pick up sometimes. 

Declutter and organize each room twice. I decided to start with the living room, as it was the "easiest" room to do and I could use it as a staging area for donations during the week. I only got about halfway through what I wanted to, and will continue to finish a few things there before I tackle the next space, which is bedroom #1. Again, January was a different kind of month.

Walk daily more often than not. Being ill has really put a dent in this one so far, but the 15 pounds I lost over the holidays (thanks, Flu) has stayed off, even without walking. The weather also was loathe to cooperate, as it alternated between freezing temperatures and pouring rain. I did manage to walk once this past week, so I have not forgotten about it. Getting back into the swing of things takes some time.

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary last month, which was wonderful and low key. How was your January? 

1 comment:

Amnicon Studio said...

A belated happy anniversary. You have not changed! <3

Being sick definitely makes things tougher. You need to take care of yourself so you can heal. As someone who's learned the hard way, listen to your body.

**Hugs**