Sunday, January 15, 2023

Weekly Check-in

Goals for this year:

Blog more.
Already making good progress on this one - it's the third time I have posted this year! Woohoo!

Keep the food budget to $400 per month.
This goal is harder than I thought. I made a menu plan for 6 weeks actually, and ran the numbers on the items. Food is expensive! However, if I can trim a little, I think I can make it. I am shopping sales and comparing prices. I made a spreadsheet (yes, I am that nerdy - let me use my accounting degree!) to keep track of prices. That, plus keeping my menu plans (meal ideas at the ready for on sale items) should help going forward 

Start a garden.
The garden area needs to be covered with cardboard to kill weeds, and I am pretty sure I have found enough cardboard to cover it. I haven't yet, because we've been a little under the weather this week. I hope to do this tomorrow or Tuesday and then I can start testing seeds.

Pay more attention to my health.
Your health is hard to manage when you get sick. I'm not SICK sick - just an allergy flare-up that will hopefully be gone soon. It sure beats COVID from last year, but I still feel blah.

Read 50 new books this year.
I completed one book this week, so I feel confident in this goal.  

I am proofing a book by a friend, because he's a great writer and I got hooked on his first trilogy. I have a couple of others that I am hoping to make more progress in, and maybe I will finish one or two this week. I feel better mentally when I take time to read.
Declutter our home and make it hospitable.
Because of me feeling under the weather, and my children feeling bad too, Mom was in high demand this week for comfort and food making. I tried to just keep basics going, so I didn't make much progress here. Next week if I feel better, I should do better.

Complete 12 craft projects in progress.
I do complete one project this week. I wove in ends for these mitts. They're convertible - the thumbs and fingers fold back so then they are fingerless mitts. 
I have been working on another project this week too. 

Have you made progress this week? 

No comments: