Thursday, July 06, 2017

Not even halfway

I picked up the second sock again.

I have been distracted by doilies.  I find them typically quick, although needing a lot of concentration.  The directions are generally different for each round when crocheting them, so you must pay attention and read the directions.  Sometimes more than once.   In the one I am currently working on, the directions were not making sense, even though I now think the author wrote them as clear as they could.  The end of one round had a ch 1, dc in top of first sc from beg of the round, which created the last loop of the round.  In this loop, you were to put 2 sc.  When I first read (and re-read) these instructions, it did not make sense to me.  Fortunately, even at 9:30 at night, you can find help with things.  I posted the directions online that were giving me trouble, and within 20 minutes, it became crystal clear.

I am still attempting to work through the Master Crocheter's course, but my projects stop me.  I will pick it up again once I am through with the doily and this sock.  Other projects waiting include a puppy and unicorn, and more Christmas presents.

No comments: