Monday, February 25, 2008

Soooo close

I went Thursday night, in the pouring rain, to find buttons. I found none. Friday, I went searching for buttons online, and found some. I have yet to order them, but will probably tonight. Here's a picture of the (almost) finished cardigan:

This weekend, I also made these:
You can find the recipe here. I also made these:

The recipe is here. I highly recommend any of the recipes from the site that you find. I haven't tried all of them, but I have tried a few, and all of them turn out fantastic. This roll looks a little over done, but it tastes fine. I baked the rest of them about 5 minutes less, and they looked better and were a little less golden on top. I've tried the lasagna, rolls, cinnamon rolls, a version of the chicken spaghetti, and all of it has turned out fantastic. I get great complements from all the recipes. Go check out The Pioneer Woman (her main site) too. It's fun to read about life on a ranch, and her many crazy adventures, being a middle child and all.

I finally moved my sewing machine upstairs, but I couldn't find the cord! No electricity = no sewing on the machine. I did however, seam this together:

I also washed and dried some fabric, and will hopefully be able to post pictures of that later. Tonight is a major working night...I have a Finance Committee meeting tonight, and that means I won't be getting home until late. Tomorrow is Knit Night, and I'm going to that as well. I haven't been in about a month, and I need a break. It's so nice to get out every once in a while and be with adults but not have to work, or grocery shopping, or doing something involving children. Sometimes you just need an escape. I definitely need an escape this week.

No comments: