Friday, February 29, 2008

Small Victories

WOOHOO!!! I have lost 10 pounds! I'm a little excited, can you tell? I also have some super secret projects (SSP) going on, but I will hopefully take pictures this weekend and post them on Monday (if all goes well).

In knitting, I'm working on SSP1, and over halfway done with it. In sewing, SSP1 hasn't begun yet...well, not really. I have all the materials for it, but I haven't started it. The cardigan is still in a holding pattern. I have to get some buttons.

As for the weight loss, I went to see a dietician/nutritionist about 6 weeks ago, and we discussed an eating plan. It's really working for me. Most days I'm not hungry (we all have those days when we want to inhale everything, but over all I'm good on what I'm supposed to eat) and there's a little play room in it (chocolate is NOT off limits, which is good, cause if it was going to kill me, I'd die happy). It's really all about portion control, and I'm ok with that. I have tons of energy, and although some days I crawl around with my son, I don't every day, and that's ok too. Sometimes I just let him run around on his own, and I watch. The important thing is that his momma is getting healthy, and that's what I want. I want to be a healthy momma for my baby. I'm just excited that this is working out better than I had thought. I can't really tell a huge difference yet, but when you have SO much weight to lose, a little is hard to notice sometimes. The good thing is that it's MASSIVELY encouraging, and I'm excited. It makes me happy.

No comments: