Wednesday, February 06, 2008

D'oh!

I hope everyone voted yesterday. It doesn't matter for whom; it just matters that you were invovled in the process. I'd call it a "democratic" process, and I guess the primaries are truly a "democratic" one...all votes count. For the actual election, it's a republic process. The difference? Simple - in a democracy, each individual vote counts. In a republic, there is a small group who's votes ultimately decide (this is an over-simplification, but you get the point). Even our Pledge of Allegiance says "and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands"...not "democracy". I think that's something most people forget. Ok, enough of my soapbox for that.

In knitting, I did work some more on the Classic Cardigan, and I even took pictures. The bad news is I didn't bring my cable so I can't get the pictures from the camera to the computer. Oh well...maybe tomorrow. I also skipped the knit night at my LYS, in favor of spending time with my hubby, and watching American Idol and House. I was also slightly interested in seeing how the primaries turned out, but did not stay up to see the last of the polls close.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Dearest apple tree,

I planted you and loved you in the best possible environnment. If I were to move you with me you likely wouldn't survive the climate change (to say nothing of hurricanes, soil crud, and inattentive relatives). I will visit you and care for you as often as I am able - and I'll phone in more regualr watering than you've been getting - if you've not already been cooked.

Best,

The nut who planted you