Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Determination

You might have noticed I wasn't around the end of last week. There was an emergency trip to see my in-laws. My MIL had open heart surgery (triple bypass) on Thursday. To say it came as a shock would be an understatement. But, the hospital staff was fantastic, and my dear MIL came through wtih flying colors. She should be home sometime soon.

Being in the hospital gave me a chance to work on my baby's cardigan. I am SOOO close to finishing it. I have one buttonband done, and I have to finish the buttonhole band. I'm at a stopping point however, because I don't know how many buttons will be on it. I'm leaning toward 6, rather than the 5 that the pattern calls for. I also have to find said buttons...I really want monkey buttons. I know...insane request, but he loves monkeys. He's my little monkey.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I hope she's back to feeling like herself again soon. Mine had open-heart this past June. But hospital visits do make for good knitting time!

Theresa said...

Laura,
Got your email about the pay it forward and sending my snail mail addy, but I didn't get your email address! It was a no-reply one!