Monday, August 06, 2012

Insomnia

For some time now, maybe about a year and a half, I've been having issues with insomnia.  It is occasionally, and sometimes predictable.  More and more often, it's becoming less predictable, and less controllable.  Last night was one of those nights.  Fortunately, I try to keep a good book handy, and this one is the one gracing my bedside table currently:


It's a continuation of "Friday Night Knitting Club" which a wonderful friend from my last job gave to me.  I read it and really enjoyed the story.  I know these books are old, but they are still well written.  I also recently read this one:


Some women are romance novel junkies - I'm a murder mystery junkie.  I find for summer reading, a light-hearted mystery works best for me.  I truly don't care for all the gratuitous sex in romance novels as a general rule - if it doesn't help the plot, I'm not interested.  But give me a good murder mystery, and I'll finish it up in a weekend easy peasy.

It appears we're all coming down with some sort of summertime cold; everyone is stuffy, coughing, sneezing, and the like.  Mine and hubby's throat hurts, so we probably have it the worst.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

No comments: