Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baby Steps


I'm nursing a hurt back, and self-medicating.  It's not a permanent solution, but it beats pain meds and another trip to the doctor.  I have no idea how it happened, but if I sit too long, I'm stiffer than heavily starched underwear.  So, even at work, I'm up about every 15 minutes, which means there's not a whole lot of knitting going on.  However, I do have this.


The blue sweater is actually more done than this; I finished the sleeve shown.  All I have left is another sleeve and the neck.  Pink is still giving me a fit, but I figured out what to do.  I'm altering (because what good is it if I can't fiddle with a pattern?!) and it's about back to here, or maybe a little farther.  I changed the neck increases, to get a deeper V, and actually added a few stitches to make the increases even.  I don't know why I can't get it to work out on paper, but I messed with it enough to make me happy.  Part of me really wants to figure out the pattern as written, and yet, I'm just going to go with what I have.


In other news, the Rasta cowl is complete.  I haven't taken pictures yet - wouldn't you know it, the day that I was going to take pictures, was the day that my back went out.  I hope that this weekend, maybe it'll feel better and I can take some pictures.  How's your current WIP going?  Any major success?  Set back?  New design feature?  Hope your week is well!

No comments: