Monday, August 14, 2006

Slow knitting progress

I've completed about an inch or so on the baby blanket. I don't think it's going to get done for the shower, but I'll keep working on it, and maybe before she leaves on the 22nd of September it'll be done with the hat, sweater and booties. Keep your fingers crossed.

I saw a great sweater online at www.avenue.com in a lovely shade of green. It's a wool/acrylic blend, and it made me want to knit up a storm! It would actually be a great pregnancy sweater, since it's open in the front, like a jacket but without a tie. I don't know where the yarn would come from, but it might just show up sometime. I have lots of yarn to knit with, but new projects are so tempting!!!! I must get through the baby stuff first, and do all kinds of baby stuff for our little one on the way, and then I can look at new stuff. Once I know what we're having (boy or girl), there might be a little more motivation to knit for the little tyke. Right now, it's sort of an amorphous blob. I'd like to think we're having a boy, but there are times when I think we're having a girl. Either way, the child will be loved and wrapped constantly in handmade items, but I want to know!!!!

No comments: