Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Well, I did start on that baby blanket for a woman at work. It's about 2 inches so far, and she's due in late September! We moved though, and I'm working slowly but surely to get things settled.

Being pregnant takes a lot out of you, but other than being tired, I really can't complain too much! I'm currently at about 4 months, so I have some time to get the room ready for the baby to share with the craft stuff! =0) Actually, I just went to the doctor yesterday and I lost 4 pounds! That's good news to me, because I'm eating healthier, more frequently, and moving more, which means it's a good weight loss, and not going to hurt the baby. I'm also drinking lots of water and getting lots of rest.

Oh, and here's more good news! I auditioned for the Atlanta Opera Chorus and was accepted! I'm performing with them this fall in Carmina Burana! It's a lot of fun for me, and it works great with my schedule, since all the rehearsals are on nights on weekends. It isn't too stressful right now, since we meet about twice a week, but it's more activity and a good workout for all those lower ab muscles that will be used once it's time for the baby to arrive!

I still have a pair of socks to finish, and two sweaters to make for myself. I guess I should really get cracking on them, otherwise they won't be done in time. I first have to finish the blanket though. I'm trying to work it in with rehearsals, unpacking, and rest.

No comments: