Friday, April 28, 2023

Working towards goals

I am not always the best at reaching long-term goals. I think most people can say that. We fizzle out somewhere in the middle, when life happens and the tunnel seems longer than expected. I have been in a recent homeschool boot camp group, and one of the things that has stuck with me is: never miss twice.

While this idea was about maintaining consistency in homeschool, I have been applying it to daily cleaning tasks. It has occurred to me to apply it to all my goals.  I should make better progress with them like that, and it gives me grace. 


I finished another book this week, and started a new one. I read How to Manage Your Home without Losing Your Mind by Dana White. I have read her blog for a couple of years and I read Decluttering at the Speed of Life in 2021. This brings my total to 9 books read this year. It's a bit slow. This summer should give me a bit more time to read, but I am making decent progress. I picked up Trejo at the library. I had an empty space in my Biography category, so this will fill it. 


I am trying to read more and finding pockets of time in my day has been fun, but I sometimes get caught up in the book and don't do what I should. That's a problem I haven't had for ages, and I think it's a good one. What do you think?

No comments: