Sunday, March 19, 2023

Weekly Check-in #12

This week was a break week for our homeschool, and I spent most of my time in the house. I didn't get as much accomplished as I wanted, but some things went well.

Blog more.
This was not happening this week. It just wasn't going to happen. But I am still ahead for the year.

Keep the food budget to $400 per month.
I am starting a new approach to this. We spent about $250 at Aldi, getting just the basics we use from there. I spent about $80 at Walmart, getting mostly necessary things. There are still a few things we need to get, but we might make it closer this month.

Start a garden.
I did absolutely nothing for this this week. It was cold and I spent my time inside the house. 

Pay more attention to my health.
The No S Diet is slowly working. I am down again, just a few pounds. This is a long haul kind of goal and diet. It's not going as fast as I want it to, but that may be a good thing over time. I looked over the past 3 months, and it's been really slow, but it has been a decline. If I stress my body with less sleep, it doesn't want to release the weight. I also started making sure I was getting either 4 or 5 sleep cycles a night, and that has really helped. I also found that some flavored water helps me drink more. I try not to rely too much on this, because it's hard to break.

Read 50 new books this year.
I finished another book this week, bringing my total to 6. Here's the list so far:

How to Use a Planner Without Wasting Time, Mystie Winckler 
Poor Richard, James Daugherty
The Empowered Wife, Laura Doyle
Fortress of the Lost Amulet, Michael Webb
Different, Sally Clarkson
Robinson Crusoe, Daniel Defoe

I am still working on a few others, and hope to finish 2 others before the end of the month. I have been trying to take a break in the middle of the day, with lunch, to read a bit. I also try to read a little in the mornings and before bed.

Declutter our home and make it hospitable.
I spent half my week cleaning and organizing the girls' room. I only got half of it done. It was that messy. It's still in process, but the shelves are up in their closet! That gives more storage space. I may try to do a little here and there, throughout the week, to keep some momentum going in their room. I pulled several small containers from the storage unit to sort and store small things. I am also getting a drawer unit from my in-laws' house for storage. I was at a standstill until I had more appropriate places to put things.

I got rid of 18 paint cans in the utility room as well. That was a huge help for space back there. I haven't fully organized everything back there, but that did allow for some tidying, which was really helpful. 

Other than trying to spend a few minutes daily in the girls' room, I think my focus this week will be our bedroom, bathroom, and closet. I will try to spend 15 minutes in there each day as well, doing something. It never seems like it's a lot of time, or that much can be done, but it always surprises me when I do it to see what happens. I have several pieces of furniture that I can get from the storage unit for our bedroom. Maybe I can make progress this week to get one to the house.

Complete 12 craft projects in progress.
My sweater is still in progress. I haven't quite made it to splitting the sleeves yet, but I am close I think. 

I have a list for tomorrow, and it includes several things I didn't get to this weekend. I figure I will have to spread them over the week, and maybe really catch up on the weekend. How was your week? Are you making progress on your goals?

No comments: