Monday, February 27, 2023

Weekly Check In #9

Did you think I forgot? No, I didn't. It's just been a lot of the same stuff, keeping me busy. I look at it as maybe some of these goals will move forward in appearance faster. Daily small steps don't seem to add up to a lot, until after a good bit of time has passed. 

Blog more.
I don't blog as often as I should, but I am doing this more and it is on my mind, so there's progress. I should work this into a regular part of my week, so it gets done more often.

Keep the food budget to $400 per month.
While I limited myself more, there was the chance to stock up on pork and chicken this month, so I took it. This of course, threw things off again. I will try to post a breakdown of this later this week.

Start a garden.
Nope. Nope, nope, nope.

Pay more attention to my health.
I have been following the No S Diet, but this week, it looks like it all came back. Water weight maybe? I haven't been drinking as much as before, so maybe that's it. This is still the best way I have found to eat (for me). I have had the Carnivore diet and the Ketovore diet recommended to me. I am still researching these, but I never like the idea of cutting complete food groups from a life. 

Read 50 new books this year.
I finished 2 books this week! I managed to add more reading time in and finished the audio book of The Empowered Wife and the pre-release of Fortress of the Lost Amulet. The Empowered Wife is a great book if you want to improve your marriage. The second book, Fortress of the Lost Amulet, is being released on Wednesday. The author is a friend of mine from high school (way too long ago!) and he is an incredible writer. I highly recommend his books. They are great stories that are well written and appropriate for a wide range of ages.

Declutter our home and make it hospitable.
No progress made here this past week. Those boxes are still sitting in the kitchen. I did manage to move a few shelves around in the bathrooms, so there's more storage in both. I have also been working on small chores for daily cleaning, to keep things under control.

Complete 12 craft projects in progress.
I finished both the cross stitch pieces I had. 
I took a picture of another one I finished last year. They all need a good pressing and a frame. 

I am still working on my sweater. Fortunately, it's a lightweight silk yarn and really meant to be a summer top. 

I found a big box of fabric this weekend at a thrift store for $2. There is a lot of fabric, all different types and colors. I am looking forward to digging through and making things from it. How are your goals coming? Any words of wisdom to share?

2 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

I recently heard of this carnivore diet. I realized we've been eating like that for a LONG time. Hilarious!

Have you started thinking about what you'd like to do for gardening?

Angelfire212 said...

I haven't really. A lot of it depends on what seeds are still good. I want to grow everything, but I know I have limited space and I am the only one who eats the most vegetables!