Sunday, February 12, 2023

Week #6 Check In

Here's this week's update. It's still a bit sporadic, but I am trying to keep moving forward.

Blog more.
I am still making this work, so not too bad. Momentum is key.

Keep the food budget to $400 per month.
This definitely didn't work this month. I am attempting to rework my plan, as posted earlier. I have to sit down this week and create a new plan for February to March. Some of what I bought was for more than a month. This time, I am going to limit myself more.

Start a garden.
I have more cardboard but haven't put it in the garden yet. I need to try to do this tomorrow (not raining) and I also need to start testing seeds this week.

Pay more attention to my health.
I have been following the No S Diet, and so far, I am down another couple of pounds. This makes about 7 pounds so far. Not a huge amount, but when there's a big goal, small steps don't seem like much at first. They add up though, so I am continuing with this.

Read 50 new books this year.
I still did not read like I should have this week, but I made progress on a couple of books. I have also decided to take the list I made of books to read and start reading one at a time from the list. 

Declutter our home and make it hospitable.
This was a mixed goal this week. I pulled a few boxes from our storage unit, in an effort to use the items we have. The boxes are labeled incorrectly (not my fault) so now I have big boxes in the way. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing. Because these boxes are not what I thought, I have a plan to go through them, pull what I need, then repack them (and label appropriately), before replacing them in the storage unit. 

Complete 12 craft projects in progress.
I reworked a project this week, my knitting one. I found I needed to add short rows to the upper back area, so I had to frog part of it. No big deal, really. I also started frogging another project, as I found I didn't wear it because it didn't sit right. I am going to fix that. I did finish one cross stitch project, and started the companion piece. There's a third that I am considering while it's on sale.

I also had 2 children fall prey to the crazy weather and get sick. This weekend was filled with some catching up, and I am sure next weekend will too. How are you progressing after 6 weeks of the year so far?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how deligent you are on your goals!!! Thats awesome!

Amnicon Studio said...

P.S. Your cross stitches turned out really nice :-). Can't wait to see them FFOed.