Friday, December 26, 2014

Where am I going?

This next year, and I'm trying to start now, is going to be about being intentional.  So, let's get started.  First, remember these?


They were wrapped and gifted to my mom.  She unwrapped them, and said she really liked them on Christmas Day (yesterday).  Then, once she got home, she tried them on.  She then called, and asked for three more pair.  She said they fit wonderfully, and since there was no seam on the toe, they didn't hurt her foot.  She asked if she gave me money for the yarn, would I be willing to make her 3 more pair?  How can any knitter refuse?  She said no rush, there's no time constraint, but she wants 3 more pair to wear to work.

Do you remember these?


Or at least me telling you about them...it was a free pattern from The Purl Bee.  I added bows to differentiate between them for the children.  The purple was for the baby, the red for Little Man, and the pink for Princess.  The bow pattern I also promised to post, so here it is:

Easy Bow

Yarn: a few yards of a light worsted or dk weight yarn
Needles: size US 4 (I used DPNs, because I used them for the hedgehogs and they were handy)

Cast on 8 stitches.
Row 1: Knit all stitches.
Row 2: K 1, P 6, K1.

Repeat these 2 rows 20 more times (42 rows total).  Bind off.
Sew ends together.  Fold circle in half, so that the seam is in the middle of the back.  Sew the top and bottom edges together.  Fold in a zigzag pattern; wrap yarn around the middle and tie in the back.

There you go.  The children loved those as well, although the kazillion other toys have a tendency to overshadow this type of toy.

This next year, I hope to be more intentional.  I have several projects already lined up, and I will post progress here about them.  Will you help hold me accountable?  A friend of mine is embarking on a similar journey.  She has set forth goals for herself and she's starting today (she was a Christmas baby).  She's calling it the 35th project, and you can read about it here.  I need some encouragement, and she and I are working together to meet a couple of goals.  Send us your thoughts and best wishes.  Any constructive criticism is welcome, but meanness is not.  You know the rules.  Let's help each other out - if you want me to hold you accountable, put your goal/email/website in the comments, and I'll make a note to check with you on it.  If I can do it, so can you.  It takes us helping each other to reach monumental goals, and there's no better time than the present to start.

No comments: