Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Confessions

I have a confession to make.  I really secretly like to wash dishes.  I secretly like putting away clothes.  I actually like housework.  I now understand why my mother-in-law doesn't want a dishwasher.  It's actually soothing, in some sick twisted way, to wash dishes.  I really do love having a stack of dishes to wash, making it through all of them, and looking to see a clean counter.  I can't say that I would go as far as not having a dishwasher, but I do enjoy washing some pots and pans from time to time.

My whole house is going to ring in the new year sick, with me as the only exception.  The children picked up a cold somewhere along the way, and have been under the weather.  It seems my hubby has caught the same cold, and so far, I'm the only one who has not come down with it.  It will probably strike at the worst possible moment, like on Friday, during work, when it's my busiest time.  In preparation for the worst, I am working over the holiday.  I had a surprise project given the week prior to Christmas, and that ate up my time to finish things.  So, I'm trying to make up for it.

In the meantime, I'm still working on the sweater for Little Man's birthday, and I've been reading.  I received several of the YarnHarlot's books for Christmas, and I already finished one and started another one.


This one, "Things I Learned from Knitting...whether I wanted to or not" is a fast read.  I think it took me about a week, and I only picked it up for 15 minutes here and there.

How are you ringing in the new year?

No comments: