Saturday, January 04, 2014

Starting Fresh

I've been so busy with Christmas, I haven't had much time for anything else.  I did finish all the Christmas gifts, but the last one took me until the 29th.  I had some yarn left, since I changed mid-stream and didn't knit socks for everyone.


Now, it's time for the annual birthday sweater of Little Man.  He wanted a green one, and I'm using Vintage #5135, which is a lovely shade of Kelly Green.  The picture above is close, but looks a little more blue than it really is.  It's sweater weather around here.  As a matter of fact, it's supposed to snow tomorrow.  But here's the pattern he picked:

Soledad, courtesy of Annika Barranti
Simple, but still interesting.  I did a sleeve as a swatch, and even though the pattern calls for DK yarn, and I'm using worsted, I upped the needle size, and still came out with the right gauge.  I'm also making the largest size, as he's growing like a weed.  Did I tell you that he now has his first loose tooth?!  He does.  My baby is growing up.  It's going to be the year for change.  What's your plan for the new year?


No comments: