Friday, September 13, 2013

Doldrums

Ever get the doldrums?  You know, when you have a lot of stuff going on, but nothing really entertains you?  I'm there.  So here's what I've got going on:



I have the Numma Numma sock yarn in Cupcakes! working up in a Vanilla Latte pattern.  They're really rather lovely, but ho-hum right now.


I have my Grace cardi on the needles, and it's in a lovely alpaca blend, but again, just ho-hum for me at the moment.


I'm working on squares for this afghan, which is a class over at The Whole Nine Yarns, starting this Saturday.  The squares are easy and fun, and most take about an hour to work up.  But again, just ho-hum for me.


I just found some yarn in my stash that would be lovely as this shawl, but I don't know that I'm really that excited about winding the yarn and getting started.

These are just the projects that I've touched in the past few days that I have going on, and doesn't count some of the others that have been sitting patiently for me.  I'm not sure what it is yet.  Maybe I'm just tired of having to think and be on all the time.  Or maybe it's that I want to do what I want to do for a little bit, and let everything else go hang.  In any case, the projects that were exciting are now just okay.  I guess it's the "seven year slump" for me.  That's rather odd, because this time of year is usually invigorating for me.  I love fall, and it's in the air.  New plan - start whatever I want, even if it's 10 new projects.  Just start something - and maybe some excitement will burst back on the scene.  How do you deal with the doldrums?

No comments: