Friday, January 09, 2015

Small blessings

The news I received on Wednesday wasn't as exciting as I had hoped.  It turns out that although things are changing, my job will only be changing with it - not going away.  Oh well...it was wishful thinking.

This week has been full of small blessings though.  Despite the family being sick and work being rough, there have been several little things that have happened that are happy little things.  First, early this week, I was notified that I won a contest.  I hardly ever, and I mean HARDLY EVER, win anything.  This is the fourth time in my life that I have won anything.  I have won more in the past 6 years (3 times) than I ever have before.  I won a Flip video recorder at a company function, a baby quilt kit, and now this.  Then yesterday in the mail, I received a thank you card from our church for directing the children's choir for Christmas, with a restaurant gift card in it.  And today, I received an email that I have a $20 store credit at a local yarn shop.


I also found a penny walking out to my car tonight.  I thought the old saying, "see a penny, pick it up, and all the day you'll have good luck."

I started the second sleeve for Little Man's sweater, and when I attached the first sleeve, I wasn't sure about the second chart.  But then, it suddenly became clear.  The designer thought it through more than I had, and it's a good thing she did.  I have already planned out the next project(s) - yes, I will be making my own sweater, but I also have plans for a cowl and hat.  The cold has definitely made me want more warm things to surround me.  The store credit I have will go to good use - another skein of Malabrigo Rasta to match the one I already have, and a skein of sock yarn.  I am honestly trying to use up what yarn I have.  My hubby has been a jewel and bought me tons of yarn the past couple of years for Christmas (this year he went light, but bought Quivit!).  I want to use it, but I have to select the right patterns for it, and I also have to see it to know what I have, and think about it.  But now I have enticement to buy more yarn.

The plans I had if work ended, they will still come about.  The plan is still there - it will just take longer.  I plan on continuing, and being intentional.  This year, there will be things happening, albeit slowly.  Keep watching - I hope to continue posting often like I have so far.  How is your new year shaping up?  Any big changes?

No comments: