Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaps of faith

Well, I tried, and didn't finish the Bella dress this weekend. Mostly because I have a wonderful husband who likes to be spontaneous. We went to dinner on Saturday night, as a date (yes, even married couple with kids can occasionally still have a date), and we didn't go home until Sunday. We left the children in perfectly capable hands (their grandparents) and had a great time. However, this did mean staying in a motel overnight with nothing (we had to buy a toothbrush and contact solution) and I had left the dress at home thinking, "we're going to dinner, I won't have time to work on it." I worked maybe 3 rounds of the Cloudy Day, so I wasn't without a project, just without the dress. This dress does work up quickly, which is nice. I'm maybe halfway done with the skirt. I am a little confused by the directions. At one point it tells you to work in the round, but at the end of each row, it still says "turn."

I really need to hurry with this dress. Not only am I slightly afraid it won't fit by the time it's done, but my classes start back next week. I have a couple more crochet projects that should be good school projects. They should be fast and easy crocheting while reading or relaxing. And, they work up in worsted weight yarn, so they will be almost instant gratification. If I disappear for a few weeks, it's just school. I'll still try to post something here and there, but I will be relegated to once a week, if even that often. School will add a whole new dimension of craziness to my schedule, since I'm taking 2 classes at once this time. I will still have 1 class left to graduate with my MBA, but this added complexity plus the insanity that is work will leave me with very little time to do much else. On the bright side, the classwork will encourage me to leave work on time each day and leave me unavailable to work late. That's always a good thing.

No comments: