Thursday, January 24, 2008

Working it out

Well, work is getting slightly busier...but it's still a gentle sprinkle, which leaves me some time. I have projects in mind for work (a lap-ghan, socks, and fingerless mitts) and will eventually get to them. Right now, I'm still trying to focus on finishing what I have started. Last night, there was no knitting at home. I had to stop at 2 stores on the way in, and then fix dinner. I also got to play with my baby, which was very fun and ultimately the most important thing. I'm still working on changing some bad habits into good ones, and I had a completely successful day yesterday. So far so good today too. If I can have a full two weeks like this, then I'm rewarding myself. I think I'm going to take it in 2 week increments, so that it's easy to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the goal. I think I'll throw in some weight goals as well, so it will give me a few more rewards to reach (since weight loss is the ultimate goal here). Since the dietician said "not food rewards" that means I have a free license for yarn! Woot! Granted, budget will be a consideration, but we're getting a nice refund back from the Fed, and although I haven't seen the state yet, I'm sure we'll get something back from them as well. It helps to have a baby. :)

No comments: