Friday, April 05, 2024

Quarterly update

A quarter of the year is gone. Time to evaluate the goals for this year. 

Read 52 books. I have read 6 so far, so I have some catching up to do. I find two big culprits for not reading are the television and my phone. I never considered myself a big TV watcher, but I do watch while I craft. 

Recently I have been doing embroidery and cross stitch. These are hard to do while reading. I will not say impossible but definitely difficult. Audiobooks make it possible, but I have trouble with them as mentioned before. 

I have started reading before bed though. This has given my brain a good rest and I am making progress on a book. 

Declutter and organize each room twice. I made a dent in the living room, and I have struggled with energy for the girls' room. I have a plan now for it, provided that I actually put it into action. I would like to say that I can get it done by the end of April, but I doubt that is realistic. I may be able to catch up a bit over the summer, when things hopefully slow down.

Walk more days than not. After having three rounds of antibiotics to get rid of a sinus infection, pollen season started. That will cause more problems health wise, so I am postponing this one. To have a related health goal, I am trying to sleep more. I feel like some days all I do is sleep, eat, and basic chores. However, when you need to recover from a long illness or season of stress, you do what you need to do. The sleep helps me stay healthy, and I am optimistic that during the summer (when pollen season is over), I can start to walk again. 

When I made these goals, the year looked different. Sometimes what we get is not what we expect, and we have to adjust. I am adding more joy with little things and trying to think things through before starting on them, to avoid hiccups. I have also added some responsibilities that are short term, like the musical, and some that are long term. 

How are your goals for the year going? 

No comments: