Monday, September 04, 2023

Stressed and blessed

One of my goals this year is to focus on my health. Over the past twelve years, life has been incredibly stressful. I don't mean daily things, like traffic, decisions, cleaning, etc. I mean big things - moving, children, job changes. Experts tell you to manage your stress - that's hard when it's things beyond your control. 

It is amazing what lengths your body will go to in order to tell you to slow down. Mine has done crazy things - migraine variants that looked like strokes, allergy symptoms with coughing and sneezing, being physically sick and unable to be far from a bathroom. Therefore, for the next four month, I am prioritizing sleep and water. My children have complained about various aches and pains (headaches, backaches, leg aches, etc) and I tell them to drink water. Miraculously, the aches and pains disappear. 

I have downloaded a new app, Sleep Score, to see if it can help me out. I try to have a good bedtime routine, and stay consistent. Interrupted nights happen though, and sometimes it's not something I can avoid, but sometimes it is. We will see what this does in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, here's to good health.

No comments: