Friday, May 12, 2023

New cleaning tools

I really want to be able to clean my house well. Don't get me wrong - I am not a major cleaner. I just like to be able to clean it. It makes a big difference. So I have tried to be consistent with decluttering, following Dana White's method. Since I am merging 4 households, it's slow going. 

One issue I had was mopping. I always hated mopping as a youngster, because you had to move the world in order to do it "right". Same with vacuuming. First, I have given myself permission to just do the middles. I give you permission too. Deep clean and scrub after moving everything works if you have the time, but who has time weekly for that? 

All that I have is a broom and dust pan, a stick vacuum, and a steam mop because we only have hardwood floors. It was hard to go directly from vacuuming to steam mopping, with nothing in between, until now. I have seen FaceBook reels with a new mop, the O'Cedar EasyWring mop and bucket. I watched several of these, and read reviews. I had a few things to return to Walmart, so I decided to try the mop. 

I have to say, it really does live up to the hype. It's a new favorite tool. I mopped the kitchen (one of the grimiest floors in any home) and I was able to scrub it and not wait long for it to dry. I even cleaned it out and wiped down the front of my oven, dishwasher, and cabinets. I was pleased with the results. There are many more floors to do, but one done. For this week.

Another secret I found for cleaning - cheap cleaning supplies. Our local dollar store has really good cleaners. They work, they smell good, and are only $1.25.

My last favorite cleaning tool: Scrub Daddy. Have you seen it? It's basically just a plastic scrubber that will become moldable in warm water. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/RBLTBraxidjjHk679

Seriously, I was a little doubtful of this one too. But I have cleaned dishes and other gross things, and I am impressed. 

I don't usually follow hype about much, but these live up to the claims. For now. Time will tell, but they are making my cleaning easier.

No comments: