Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! This is the time for new beginnings. Just about everyone I know is making resolutions. Have you made yours? I have several, and I have thought carefully about them.

First on my list is more or better self-care. I have had a tendency to neglect myself this past year, even after falling. If I don't take care of me, no one else will. I also must teach my children to care for themselves, in all ways. Not to be selfish, but so that they do not get hurt. Neglect can lead to injury, and simple care can prevent it.

Along with self-care goes more knitting for me. I have not made something for myself that actually fits and I enjoy it for a long time. So, this year, I plan on focusing more on me and what I would like. No one else knits, so if I want something handmade, it is up to me.

Moving is on tha agenda for this year. We need our own place. The children need separate rooms. We need a more stable income and environment. Times are tough, but where there is a will, there is a way.

Deeper knowledge is always a good goal. This year, I want to dig deeper into knowledge of my Savior. Jesus is a top priority, and although everyone may not agree, I want a deeper understanding of God, His Son, His Spirit and His Word. Many people object to God and Christianity by what they think they know or what someone else has told them. I believe this is short-sighted. Second, third, or fourth hand accounts are heresay. Read for yourself. Learn for yourself.

Speaking of reading, last year I had a goal of reading 10 books. I read 6. This year, I challenge myself to read 15. If I have the same rate of success, it will be 9 for the year.

I want to lose 100 pounds this year. I have already started making a conscious effort in that direction. Eating healthy meals that are balanced, eating smaller portions and eating every 3 hours will take me a long way in reaching that goal. Exercise will come when possible. Right now, the extra weight and tense muscles prevent most of that from happening. As part of self-care, a healthier body is a must. Interestingly, I think pictures are also part of that.

I am close to being done with my Veronika. I think by the end of the week I will be done, which is great because it will be cold all week long.

What about your New Year's resolutions?

No comments: