Friday, December 22, 2017

Lost my touch

I think I have knitted so long, I have lost my touch with crochet. The beginnings of the cape were not good...at least not up to my standards. I have restarted it a couple of times, in a couple different patterns. My latest attempt is the best, but I am still not thrilled with it.

Once more, I will undo and redo it until I am satisfied. I think part of my problem is I am trying to go too quickly. I want to hurry through it, when I should be enjoying it. This is twofold: one, my children want it now, and I want to give it to them before they outgrow it. Second, I have become so busy that I am impatient with the slow handmade process. Ironic, isn't it? The whole reason to do this is to take time, slow down, and appreciate the process. Otherwise, you just go buy one. This is one of my main goals next year...to slow down a bit more. That is partially why I have stopped enjoying this season so much. It hurries to get here and passes all too quickly. Everything is a rush. I bowed out of some normal obligations this year to help slow down a bit. If I plan and think ahead a bit more, next year will be even better.

No comments: