Saturday, November 15, 2014

On the fence

I started this crocheted afghan over a year ago:



It's a free pattern I found through Ravelry; Sampler Afghan, by Marianne Forrestal. It's a lovely crocheted block style afghan, and then you whipstitch all the blocks together, and add a border.  My problem is that not all the blocks are as even as I'd like.  This means I have to redo several of them.  That's not really much of a problem, to be honest.  I like doing the blocks for the most part, and they go fairly quickly.  My biggest issue is that I've been distracted by the Neat Ripple Afghan, by Lucy of Attic 24.  Actually, it's just her use of color, and she's currently doing a Cosy Blanket CAL.  I have to admit that I am not normally inclined to her use of color, but it's been drawing me in recently.  I'm thinking of changing this one, undoing everything I've done, and putting it into some lovely crocheted stripes.  I have to "finish" the blanket, because I've been teaching a class.  I still need to whip at least 2 together, and work the border for a bit, so I can finish teaching.  What do you think?  Should I just redo the squares that need it, block them out and finish what I started, or rip it all out and start some lovely stripes?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I miss hearing from you.

No comments: