Sunday, February 16, 2014

Little things

I know it's been a while, and I even had days off.  Without a camera, it makes for boring blogging, I know.  But, here's what I've been up to: I cleaned the living room floor.  And I made a baby sweater.  That may not seem like much, but when you're looking at a floor covered in toys, it takes a while.  Oh, and I made cookies.  We made the brown butter cookies found here.  It's the best chocolate chip cookie recipe we've tasted.  If you know of a better, send it my way, and we'll test it.  Cleaning the floor took 3 hours with the kiddos, but it was all clean!  There were that many toys.  I also made this sweater while confined to the house due to snow and ice:


It's in Debbie Bliss Primo, a lovely shade of green.  I got the yarn for Christmas, and I couldn't think of a better use.  I just need about 8 purple buttons, and then it's all done.  Well, I also need to wash it.  I've set aside my sock, maybe because I keep messing up the pattern.  It really shouldn't be that difficult, but I've dropped a stitch and I've also added a stitch on the foot - in separate attempts.  So, the sock is temporarily in time out.  I'm about to cast on yet another sweater, but this one is for Princess.  She really wants her purple sweater.  So, I'm going to start it.  It's a fairly simple one, and I have the yarn.  It's just a matter of getting started.

No comments: