Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hand Sewing Rocks

I just have to say, when all else fails, and you want a fast project, turn to hand sewing.


I bought this dress up doll from Sew Main Street a while ago, and haven't bothered to sew it up until now.  I think it will be an Easter gift for the Princess.  The doll is done - I finished her up this morning. The clothes are still waiting to be sewn, but I'm working on something for mommy.  Maybe when that's done, I'll pick up the clothes, blanket and bag to go with the doll.  I couldn't get the doll to work well on the machine, so I went with hand stitching it.  It worked out just fine.  I was surprised at how nicely my stitches came out.  It's not perfect, but that's part of the charm.  It will still be a pretty dolly with clothes, and it'll still be handmade.

No comments: