Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Think it'll work?  It'll take a miracle.


I have 7 weeks.  Seven weeks and I'm done with my master's degree.  Once that is finished, I will definitely have more free time and less stress.  Hopefully, I will also have more finished projects, more pictures, and time to update things the way I want them.  In the meantime, here's a quick rundown:


1. Bella Dress


It's done, with the exception of lining it.  I have the lining all cut out; I just have to sew it up and stitch it into the dress.  I'm going to try and get that done either this week or next, so the following Sunday, Princess can wear it to church.  I even had enough leftover yarn to make a cutey-patuty headband with a flower.  And a matching button.  


2. Cloudy Day




This hat is about halfway done.  I have trouble picking it up, because it takes so much concentration, and I just don't have enough brain power to go around.


3. Kiama




I know, I know.  I'm stressed, I'm ridiculously busy, and yet I start ANOTHER project.  I needed something simple though, and this one fits the bill.  It's definitely an easy knit right now, and that's what I need.


4. Crochet Slippers




I have the flowers, the slippers, the clip for my hair...just not all together.  The ends need to be woven in on the flowers, and they need to be attached to the slippers and clip.  This weekend should afford the time to get this done, I hope.


As for the other promised news, I PROMISE I'm not trying to string you along.  Once I can get this blog sorted out and it's looking all nice and wonderful, I can write it all out for you.  I know, it's like the promised land for the Israelites - so close and yet so far, and delays keep happening.  This weekend, I'm taking an extra day off work, and even with school work, I should be able to do a few things around the blog and make it nice and pretty.  I may have to wait until next week, when I get my computer back.  It got knocked off the chair (yes, I know - it shouldn't have been there to begin with) and the screen cracked.  It had to be sent for repair, and fortunately I was smart enough to get the extended warranty so it's covered. That being the case, it just has to get back all nice and fixed, and then I'll have all the right tools for the job.  As it is, I'm making do with another computer.  In any event, I hope to have big news next week, but I'd love to give you a preview before then.  We'll see how it goes.  It's going to be a lot of work, but once it's done, it will be worth it.

No comments: