Saturday, January 07, 2012

New beginnings


This is a new year. New beginnings seem to be a requirement for new years. Everyone wants to start fresh and make this year better than last. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's less effective than hoped. This year, we're making big changes. There are big projects in the works, and it's going to take a lot of effort. I'm hoping to start here, with the blog. I want to keep it updated more, and look! My second post of the year already. I'd like
to post once a week, more if possible, but my goal is just once a week. I hope to always have some sort of progress to show.

I have 3 projects on the needles currently. Well, okay, that's not technically true. I have more than that on the needles. And in actuality, I only have 2
of the project that I consider "active." There is a super secret project that I'm working on; it's a test knit for a book. I haven't asked to give a sneak peek yet, so I can tell you that I'm working on it, that it's close to being done, and that I will ask to post pictures of the finished object. It will be done this month, since I need to have the notes to the designer by the 15th. I'm just a little over halfway through, so I think I'll make it. The second project is a sweater for Little Man. He requested a V-neck plain blue sweater, so that's what he's getting. You'd think it would be easy to find a pattern for that, but it's not. Most pattern
s have something extra; the wrong neckline, a cable, intarsia, or a knitted pattern. This one is going to be one of those great mindless knits, once all the math is done. It will be a great Knit Night project, or a great one for sitting in front of the TV. Not much to think about, and it should go quickly.

There are two other projects that are close to being finished, but are waiting because of the above projects. One is a cardigan for Princess. For those of you who don't know about Princess, let me share a picture with you:
Isn't she adorable? That's my baby girl at Halloween, where she was a precious ladybug.

The other project is a pair of Fiddler's Mitts from My Grandmother's Knitting. If you haven't looked at the book, please do. Find a copy in a store and browse through it. It has some lovely projects in it. Here's a picture of the Fiddler's Mitts:

Sorry; the picture is bigger than I thought it would be. But you can see the lovely pattern. The colors I selected are close to those in the picture: a kind of dark teal and a medium pink. I can't wait until they are done.

Here's to a new year, and new projects.

No comments: