Monday, January 16, 2006

Problems solved...almost

Here were the problems I was facing:

1. Large quantity of mohair (in a mauvy color); had originally been knit into a sweater, but was itchy and required another top underneath (it was hot enough on it's own, not to mention the shedding).

2. Bag of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino; had been bought for a wide neck sweater; however, it was discovered that this style didn't work well for me.

3. 3 skeins of eyelash yarn

4. 3 more skeins of mohair (cream and peach varigated)

Here are the solutions I have come up with:

1. New sweater, combining with lovely shade of brown wool (Wool of the Andes in Maple Syrup from Knit Picks). Possible Grecian Plait pattern for mohair; or combine yarns for entire sweater. Haven't completed all the details yet.

2. Since I doubt I can get the same dye lot in the same color, I decided to mix it with some other colors, and make an argyle sweater. I think with color 601 from Debbie Bliss, I can either go with spring colors or fall colors. I was first thinking about using Asparagus, Honey, and Petal from Knit Picks Merino Style to go with it, but now I'm thinking perhaps Moss, Butternut and Maple Leaf.

3. I still have no idea what to do with these 3 skeins. I have thought about combining them as well with something else, but what I have no idea.

4. I was originally going to make some Moebius scarves with them, but I've been considering combining them with something else as well.

I guess it looks like an advertisement for Knit Picks around here, doesn't it?! I guess since I'm on a budget, I'd like to get good quality at a good price. As nice as it would be to afford more expensive brands, I just don't have the budget for it. I figure I should get the biggest bang for my buck, and most other yarn suppliers just aren't that great of a deal. I know Knit Picks' quality is good (at least what I've seen and used) and they are cheap. They allow me to be a yarn snob without the budget. =0) Score one for the champagne tastes on a beer budget.

If anyone has any suggestions at all for anything, please leave a comment! I can always use an opinion!

No comments: